Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter Sunday - March 23rd

Easter Morning the Easter Bunny hid the kids baskets. They had a blast hunting for them.
Of course we looked forward to spending the rest of the morning at Scott's parents, G&G McKinnon's. We ate a delicious brunch, with G-ma Mack's yummy breakfast casserole (I will post the recipe later) and big homemade Belgian Waffles. YUM! Scott's sister Kim, her hubby R.C. and their daughter Ellie were also there. Kim is expecting their 2nd, and they just found out it is a girl!! So Fun!!!
Then the kids hunted for the treats and hard-boiled eggs that G&G hid in their backyard! It was so fun to watch the kids get so egg-cited about finding them!!! That is what makes holidays fun again - having your kids enjoy it!
Here are the grandkids with G&G Mack. Fun Fun grandparents!!!

Hana was our little teacher this year about why we have Easter and the resurrection of Christ. Over the weekend she shared little facts she learned in school and then as I was tucking her in Saturday night, her and I talked a little more about it. To backtrack, at Christmas her and I spent a long time looking at the huge pictures of Christ at the Temple Square visitors center - and she reminded me of that experience and the picture we saw of Jesus on the cross and of the cave with the big round rock. I love to share with her the knowledge I have about Christ, but it is more fun for me to hear what she knows and the questions she has.

No comments: