Thursday, February 28, 2008

Our Fun Fun Winter is melting away. . .

The snow is melting and the sun is warming the earth - only light jackets needed lately. However, we sure had fun in the snow while it was here. The pile next to our driveway became larger and larger as the season went on, shoveling and shoveling and shoveling. So Hana and I went outside and she assisted me in making a fun snow fort (she patted the snow down inside the fort - she was an awesome helper).
We brought the kids little chairs out to sit in it and play for a little while. Conrad was sleeping when we made it, so he was very surprised when he came outside. The roof is made from some extra window screens we had lying around. (Note Conrad's pink hand-me-down snow pants from Hana - who actually got them as a hand-me-down from Sara - good times :))

It was a very good winter this year. Beautiful, fresh snow every week, and sometimes every other day. Tuff to drive in all the time, but way better than the previous years with no snow for a weeks and a smoggy inversion settling in the valley. We had many blue skies this winter, awesome. And now - I love the warm sun and the bright beginnings of spring.

4 comments:

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Way to make the most of the snow, of which I am happy to say has all melted at my house!! But I totally remember making fun forts like that. I can just picture Hana having a little tea party of snow under there!!

P.S. thanks for the fun Utah Valley books. I didn't get one this year, so they will for sure come in handy. That was very thoughtful of you!! Let's get together sometime soon.

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

Yeah - we had a great time this year in the snow. The kids are just old enough to enjoy it with both of them. Conrad is a mad man in the snow - he loves it!

Marie - we do need to get together soon. It would be very fun!!!

Cathy said...

Awesome fun in the snow! You're a great Mom! I think it's funny that you used the screen because when Brad was here several summers ago, he helped Griff & Isaac build a fort and used screens in that exact same way!! They loved it and used that fort forever.

Alex and Heather said...

That is so fun! Love the snow! I told Alex I need to go have a Utah ski fix before the end of the season. Looks like I can come to your house even.
Btw, love the pink pants. Before I read it, I thought, "Didn't Amy have a boy?" Gotta love the stuff from older siblings!